Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults
The Catholic Church invites you to come and see the process by which adults become Catholic.
· Are you interested in learning more about the Catholic Church?
· Are you unbaptized but recognize a need for spiritual dimension in your life?
· Are you baptized Catholic or baptized into another Christian tradition but have never received any formal religious education?
· Are you baptized into another Christian tradition and considering the possibility of becoming Catholic?
· Are you married to a Catholic and attend Mass but don't know what the next step is to becoming Catholic yourself?
Then the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) is the place for you. Every year adults are welcomed into the Church through the RCIA. The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults is a conversion process in which doctrinal instruction and spiritual formation bring you into a new relationship with Christ, and into full membership in the Catholic community of faith.
What if my whole family wants to become Catholic?
We have a Family Plan! At St. John the Baptist Parish, we have the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults, Teens and Children. The entire family can learn about the Catholic faith and be prepared to receive their sacraments. The teaching is adapted to fit each age group. See below for information about the process for teens and children.
RCIA-T - What is RCIA-T?
It is the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults Adapted for TEENS! This is for high school teens who are interested in becoming Catholic or who are baptized Catholic but have had no religious education and have not yet received the sacraments of Eucharist or Confirmation.
RCIA-C- What is RCIA-C?
If your child is over the age of 7 and has not yet been baptized, or has been baptized in another faith and would like to become Catholic, we also offer the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults Adapted for Children.
Please contact: Lori Smith at (530) 343-8741 ext. 210 or email@example.com for more information. It’s never too late to join us!
If you are interested in learning more about the Catholic Faith and the Rite of Christian Initiation Process, please contact Lori Smith.